If you’ve ever fantasized about flying your own racing drone through the obstacles to glory – get ready to be totally addicted. The Drone Champions League (DCL), the world’s largest live drone racing league, will release their first online drone game, DCL – The Game, on February 18. In preparation, they’ve made the fantasy real: withe launch of the first aerobatic manned drone. “The vision is to race manned drones in the future, and you can start training to fly them today on DCL – The Game,” says DCL.
Check out the aerobatic manned drone here – then read on to see how you can get your hands on the game.
The following is from a DCL press release.
DCL – The Game is ideal for all drone pilot fans and gamers who want to experience the thrill of the sport on their screens in a virtual high-speed environment. The Game includes:
- More than 30 drone racing tracks, including 1:1 virtual real drone racing tracks and some of the world’s most iconic locations, like the Great Wall of China or through the iconic Rapperswill Castle in Zurich, Switzerland
- Four flight modes, from beginner to elite training
- Opportunity to train and qualify for a seat on the official Drone Champions League
With this game, DCL gives players the chance to become a real-life Drone Prix Champion and an opportunity to compete with professionals in real life. To live the dream, players can register for the draft and play DCL – The Game, clock the fastest times and qualify to battle the best of the best for a DCL team seat.
About DCL – The Game
- DCL – The Game addresses all drone pilot fans and gamers who are interested in taking their first step in first person-view drone racing, freestyle pilots, camera drone operators and experienced drone racing pilots
- The Game features 30 tracks with additional tracks available online with the ability to play with pilots from all over the world in multi-player modes, up to 30 people.
- Players can earn and unlock over 100 cosmetic items to individualize their drone, such as drone skins and trails.
- Beginning February 18, purchase DCL – The Game on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam (PC and Mac)
o Standard Edition PC & Mac: $29.99
o Standard Edition Consoles: $39.99
About Drone Champions League (DCL)
- The Drone Champions League (DCL) is the recognized championship league for professional drone racing teams, an innovative race series that blurs the lines between virtual and the reality.
- Since 2016, DCL has drawn the world’s best drone pilots, who quality for each race in DCL – The Game and then go on to compete on international teams in real-life settings, from global capital to surreal natural wonders.
- Each real-life DCL race is broadcasted live, worldwide on TV and online, the LED-lit racing drones dart through custom tracks head-to-head and reach speeds of more than 160 km/h as the pilots fly them using FPV goggles.
- The Drone Champions League Championships take place in spectacular locations and cities, like the Great Wall of China and the Champs-Elysées in Paris.
For drone industry consulting or writing, Email Miriam or (for paid consulting engagements only) request a meeting through AdvisoryCloud:
Subscribe to DroneLife here.
Powered by WPeMaticoTags: Drone News Drones